Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The fashion police

So Its been the talk for quite some time now and now they're contemplating on making it a law? Sagging pants ladies and gentlemen. You could be arrested for you pants being too low? I can agree that not everyone cares to see your panties or your big boy shorts, but really? jail time? Speaking of which, the "saggy baggies" (as my high school principal referred to them) originated in jail. Back when the inmates were given over sized pants without belts to hold them up. It was originally used as a discrete sign the inmates used to inform other inmates that they were available for sexual favors. So back then, it was a sign homosexuality. I wish this generation knew that. I'm almost positive that half of today's youth wouldnt follow the trend if they knew the orgin.


Below is thelink to a video they showed at my high school to begin the banning on low pants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12UciT0TUYE

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that baggy pants started that way! Good to know. When my girls bring boys home with baggy pants I now have another weapon in the arsenal. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes! My parents always told my brother if they caught him with his pants down low, they would just make him take them off and walk around in his boxers lol

    ReplyDelete